The Kanata Youth Basketball Association (KYBA) has been setup with the mandate to promote basketball to Kanata youth at all levels through both house league and competitive programs.
Winners for 2012:
In the over 25 years that the KYBA has existed, over 12,500 youth have participated in the basketball program.
Please see the links below to get more information on scholarship program, eligibility and application process:
This year, we have shared winners for both scholarships. The scholarships are awarded to the following players:
- Jack Donohue Memorial Scholarships:
- Robyn Willis (All Saints H.S.)
- Taylor-Rae Cote (Holy Trinity H.S.)
- Chris Paulin Memorial Scholarships:
- Lindsay Cook (Holy Trinity H.S.)
- Vandna Bhasker (Earl Of March H.S.)
Starting in 2004, the KYBA has decided to award four (4) annual scholarships of $500.00 each
, two to be known as the KYBA Chris Paulin Memorial Scholarships and two to be known as the KYBA Jack Donohue Memorial Scholarship.
The Chris Paulin Memorial Scholarships
will be for one male and one female previous KYBA house league participant while the Jack Donohue Memorial Scholarships
will be for one male and one female previous competitive participant.
The scholarships are open to any basketball player who was an active participant in either the Kanata Basketball Association House League or the Kanata Basketball Association Competitive program for at least three years, and who meets the following criteria:
- To be eligible for the Chris Paulin Memorial Scholarship, the applicant must have played at least three years in the KYBA house league with at least two of the three years played in either the Bantam (12/13) or Midget (14/15) division.
- To be eligible for the Jack Donohue Memorial Scholarship, the applicant must have played at least three years in the KYBA with at least two of the three years played in competitive.
- All scholarship winners are deemed eligible and in good standing by the KYBA
- Has not received this scholarship previously, and
- Has applied and been accepted to a recognized post-secondary education institution
The applicants must complete the KYBA scholarship application form
and submit the original copy to the KYBA by June 15th, 2013
. The following must be included in the application:
- Completed application form.
- A letter (maximum two pages) specifying how basketball has benefited them, and
- A letter of reference from someone other than a family member, such as a teacher or a coach
The Selection Committee composed will determine the winners of the scholarships based on, but not solely limited to the following criteria:
- Number of years within Kanata Youth Basketball
- Community involvement
- Personal letter, and
- Proof of acceptance to a recognized post-secondary institution